Student Teaching Program
The Student Teaching Program (STP) at PUCV is an academic experience that offers a great balance between the learning and developing of teaching abilities and techniques, and the learning and practicing of Spanish, all within the context of a full cultural immersion and interaction program.
The purpose of the Student Teaching Program is to provide a planned, supervised learning experience in a real school setting in which the student teacher practices the application of professional knowledge and skills while demonstrating teaching abilities.
Courses starts and end dates
Duration: 12 weeks.
- Pick-up and drop-off available during official arrival/departure dates
- Valparaíso city Tour (full day)
- Isla Negra & Casablanca Valley excursion (full day)
- Santiago city tour (full day)
- Access to International Programs services: computer room access (Monday to Friday) + assistance in case of emergency (24/7)
Housing with host Chilean families. This service includes: at least three meals per day; a single room; laundry service; Internet Wireless.
- Be enrolled in a teaching program at your home University (Elementary school teachers) and have completed your first student teaching experience
- Required level of Spanish: high intermediate/advanced
- Interview with the PUCV International Program Academic Coordinator
- PUCV application form
- Health insurance
- Motivation letter
- A professor recommendation letter
- Passport copy
- Transcripts of records
Short-Term & Customized Programs Coordinator